Access to Work General Advice
Option 1 Call us to find out more about the Access to Work Programme and how it can help you access support for your dyslexia or dyspraxia.
Call us on
0845 47 47 945
- Option 2Read our blog post on Access to Work funding and how the system works.
Visit the Genius Within Blog
For More Information
- Option 3Call Access to Work directly to discuss your options and get things moving.
Click Here to find your nearest Access to Work Centre.
The following blurb is Access to Work's standard info on their services. Genius Within's services fall under the category of 'job coaching to assist with duties' (see point 6 below) and can be funded or recommended as part of this scheme. Please contact us if you have any questions at all!
Do you have a disability or health condition that is impacting on your job? Access to Work could help.
Access to Work (AtW) is a government funded program that supports people with disabilities and long term health conditions as referred to in the Equality Act 2010. AtW gives practical support and help to meet additional costs associated with work related obstacles.
The main elements of support are:
- Special aids and equipment: required in the workplace as a direct result of your condition
- Adapting equipment to make it easier to use
- Travel to work: where a person cannot use a standard method of transport such as public transport or their own car as a result of their health condition
- Travel in work: where a person cannot use a standard method of transport such as public transport or their own car as a result of their health condition
- An interpreter or other support at a job interview if the person has difficulty communicating
- Support Worker: Providing human support to allow the person to access their work environment or a job coach to assist with their duties
Access to Work provides grants towards the total cost of approved support whether the applicant is employed or self-employed. Access to Work may consider grants of up to 100% for:
- Unemployed people starting a job
- All self-employed people
- People who have been working for less than six weeks when they first apply
- Applications for Support Workers
- Additional costs incurred in travelling to work or in work, due to restrictions caused by the disability
Support is also available for people with mental health conditions and are either:
- Going into work
- Absent from work as a result of a mental health condition
- Finding work difficult as a result of a mental health condition
The support available includes:
- An assessment of needs
- Personalised support plan with detailed steps designed to keep a person in, or help them to return to work
- Signposting to relevant intervention and support services
This service is provided for Access to Work by Remploy
If you would like further information, go to the Access to Work Internet Site or to make an application call 0208 4263110.
Call us to find out more about the Access to Work Programme on 0845 47 47 945
Don't forget to Explore our site for a greater understanding of the different areas of dyslexia and to most importantly have fun.
This is an exciting journey for you and we are honoured to support you in that.